Want more than just cards?! Odd Daughter offers custom design featuring hand lettering and illustration. If you need a beautiful design to tell your story or invite people to your party, we can do it. Think weddings, parties, announcements, branding, etc.
(Head over HERE for additional custom design examples).
THE DESIGN PROCESS:
1. Deposit + Contract: Yep. Let’s take care of business right off the bat so we can move onto the good stuff. A 50% deposit + signed contract are required to book your spot and begin the design process.
2. Inspiration / First Look: I will send you a design questionnaire and ask that you send me inspirational images via Pinterest. This is an incredibly important part of the design process, as it sets the tone for the whole project. You will receive a “first look” at your design concept. This will include a mood board (a mix of images you provided as inspiration, along with some of my initial ideas).
3. Feedback / Revisions: After receiving your mood board, you will need to provide feedback. This is your opportunity to share what’s working and what isn’t (what you love and what you could do without.) Once I receive feedback, I’ll get to work on your First Proof. There will be two rounds of revisions for you to provide feedback and for me to make changes to the design. This gives ample opportunity to ensure the design looks amazing!
4. Finalize the Design: Once you’ve received your Second Proof, you’ll need to give me a thumbs up, or let me know if you need any additional changes. (additional edits will be billed at an hourly rate, as stated in your contract). If you’re ready to give the thumbs up, this is the time to proofread.
5. Design Delivery + Celebration! After the final “ok!”, I will prep all of your design files. The delivery method will depend on what has previously been decided and stated in the contract [either sending lovely paper goods to your doorstep, or sending you print-ready digital files]. Whether you’re receiving beautiful wedding invitations or a custom branding package, it’s time to celebrate the design process! Take a minute to sit back and enjoy the design that was created uniquely for you.
How much will it cost?
Each custom design is dreamed up specifically for YOU, so it's a bit more of an investment. Wedding suites typically start around $1500 --- but I'm happy to draw up a quote based on exactly what you're looking for. I work with an amazing print shop to offer you the most beautiful end product. Print options include letterpress, gold foil, and flat printing on thick cotton paper (each vary in price).
How long will it take?
Custom designs typically take about 10 weeks to complete, so make sure to plan ahead! Your initial quote will include a timeline so you know what to plan for. Once a 50% down-payment is received, designing will begin. You will receive your initial proof within 10 days. Revisions to the proof will be made within 5-10 days of receiving your feedback. Printing + shipping take approximately three weeks. All that to say... the sooner we get started, the more stress-free the project will be!
**Expedited timelines may be available, so don't be afraid to ask. ;)
Do you offer day-of pieces for weddings?
Yes, absolutely! I love designing paper goods for the day of your wedding/event. Options include, but are not limited to: programs, menus, escort cards, signage, etc. If you have an unique idea, let me know! I'd love to make it happen.
If you're ready to start the process or would like to receive a quote, be in touch! ... or email@example.com if contact forms feel constricting ;)